We get rid of rats with fast and effective rat control, in Cheshire and surrounding areas.
If you are seeing signs of rats at home or at work, give us a call for professional rodent control: 01270 619 147
Rats are a persistent pest that breed quickly, contaminate food and damage property. They also present a hazard to human health as they carry a number of diseases including Leptospirosis and Salmonella. A rat infestation can quickly get out of hand, our service for controlling rats is essential to eradicating the problem and preventing any further infestations.
If you have a rat problem, we advise to contact us as soon as possible. As well as carrying disease, rats can also cause damage to property including fabric and furnishings, structural damage, pipe work and electrical cables, which can then lead to flooding, electrical fires, and extensive repair bills!
How to get rid of rats
Rats breed in large numbers, several times a year, so it is important to call in a professional to assess the extent of the infestation and eradicate the rat problem completely. Our experienced technicians will assess the rodent problem, thoroughly inspect the property, and carry out the appropriate rat control measures. In order to stop rodents from gaining access we can block up any entry points and advise on further rat prevention methods.
Our technicians will return for further rat removal visits as needed, this can be set up on a contract basis for regular visits if this is a reoccurring problem on a farm or food preparation site for example.
What are the signs of rats?
Rats can cause extensive damage to a property and can be the cause of electrical fires if they find cables and wiring to chew on. They are shy by nature and The most common signs of a rat infestation are:
• Rat droppings – 1-2 cm long
• Rub marks – Dirt and grease from their bodies leave marks on walls and surfaces
• Scratching noises – Rats are often found in loft spaces, you may hear sounds of them at night
• Rat holes – Burrows are used for nesting and food storage
• Rat nests – Rats will use materials like cardboard, loft insulation and furnishings to make a nest
• Strong musty smells
• Damage to food – Rats will be attracted to any accessible food
• Damage to property – Rats constantly need to gnaw and will even chew through cables and wiring.
How to control rats
Controlling rats in a domestic property can be easily arranged with a few visits from our technicians. We will ensure the property is inspected, any access points are blocked, and the necessary rodent control is carried out, with follow up visits if required. Following the rodent removal, it is advisable to follow some simple rat prevention tips to avoid further issues.
For larger scale rat extermination on farms, food production sites, schools or commercial premises, we offer a contract service which includes several visits per year, rodent proofing, treatment reports and all relevant paperwork.
Do rats carry disease?
Rats carry a number of diseases including:
- Weil’s disease
Rodent-borne diseases can be transferred through direct contact, ingestion, bites and scratches. Rats can also carry mites, ticks, lice and fleas, increasing the risk of disease and secondary infestations.
There are many practical ways you can prevent rodents gaining access to your property, we recommend to:
- Keep all food stored securely with tight fitting lids, preferably in glass or metal containers
- Keep clutter in the house and garden to a minimum, more clutter means more places to nest
- Clean up all remnants of food, pet food and bird seed to limit the feeding opportunities
- Secure all rubbish bags in bins with a secure lid
- Dispose of organic food waste securely in bins, do not add this to compost.
Dangers of rats
- Dangerous diseases and illnesses spread by rats
- Secondary infestations from fleas, mites, ticks or lice
- Damage to goods, stock, foodstuffs, cables, furnishings and buildings
- Contamination of foodstuffs from rat urine, easily spread over surfaces which can spread bacteria and viruses
- Loss of reputation and earnings
- Litigation, you have a legal responsibility to ensure pests are controlled if they are on your premises.
For rodent control please give us a call on 01270 619 147, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can provide an instant quote and get a pest control technician to you as soon as possible. We provide rodent control to domestic, commercial and agricultural properties throughout Cheshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, and surrounding areas.