Cockroach Control from Suddenstrike Pest Control for commercial and domestic covering Nantwich, Stoke on Trent, Chester, Warrington and Surrounding Areas.
Are you experiencing problems with Cockroaches? Don’t delay, call Suddenstrike Pest Control NOW on 01270 619147.
Suddenstrike pest control offers professional, discreet and comprehensive solutions to solve any cockroach infestation quickly and efficiently. We will implement an integrated pest management system to effectively control and monitor any cockroach activity including site surveys, advice on keeping your premises cockroach free and what steps to take if cockroaches are spotted on your premises; experienced, trained and qualified technicians.
Cockroaches can be a sign of poor hygiene, not necessarily from your premises as they may have been imported accidentally on stock and packaging. There are thousands of different species of cockroach, however, in the UK there are five main species of pest cockroach, including – American Cockroach, Australian Cockroach, German Cockroach, Oriental Cockroach and the Brownbanded Cockroach. Cockroaches are nocturnal and so it may be more effective to carryout visits and treatments at night time.
Consequences of Cockroach Infestations –
There are various implications for having cockroaches in your home or business premises, some of which are –
- Cockroaches cause damage to goods and foodstuffs causing contamination of products;
- Cockroaches carry a range of serious illnesses including salmonella, gastro-enteritis, typhoid and dysentery;
- If seen by visitors or customer they can cause alarm and a serious loss of reputation;
- If on business premises there may also be financial implications, environmental health officers have the power to close businesses until the problems have been resolved causing loss of earnings;
Most species of cockroach will tend to be found in greatest numbers in kitchen areas or where food is stored; signs to look for include –
- Sightings of live cockroaches themselves;
- Egg cases and cast skins;
- Smear marks;
- Bad Odour;
- Damage to food stuffs and organic materials;
Cockroaches – signs to look for:
- Live insects – cockroaches are nocturnal and hide during the day. You will most likely see them when turning on the light in the kitchen at night
- Egg cases (oothecae) and cast skins – cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times as they mature
- Cockroach droppings – cockroaches leave a dust of black/dark brown droppings that are cylindrical & less than 2mm wide if water is scarce. They are found on horizontal surfaces & wall-floor junctions where cockroaches run
- Smear marks – cockroaches produce these marks instead of droppings if water is readily available, they are brown in colour and irregular in shape
- Odour – established cockroach infestations produce an unpleasant, musty smell & this is most noticeable close to the harbourage
- Damage – cockroaches are omnivorous and will eat almost anything, food stuffs, organic goods including leather, books, paper, clothing and animal matter (such as hamster or rabbit droppings – as well as their food). They will also consume packaging, plastics etc…